Course: Post Graduate
Course Duration: Two years four semesters full-time programme
Description: The Master of Human Resource and Organisational Development (MHROD) programme of the Department of Commerce has been designed to cater to the growing needs of industry and business for professionally qualified young man and women in the area of Human Resource and Organisational Development. In liberalized framework of the Indian economy, corporate experts in HRD will be amongst the key resource personnel needed for corporate strategic planning and control. Further, existing personnel specialists will need to develop fresh perspectives in order to cope with the changing role of personnel and industrial relations departments of corporate organisations. MHROD’s objective is to provide quality education to highly motivated, bright young men and women so that they can provide professional expertise to business and industry in the area of human resource and organisational development.
M.H.R.O.D.is taught at Department of Commerce Faculty of commerce & Business DelhiSchool of Economics University of Delhi, Delhi-110007.
Eligibility for Admission:
- Passed Bachelor’s Degree examination of the University of Delhi or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto in any discipline, with minimum 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent thereto in the grading system. Candidates appearing for the final year degree examination may also apply provided they are able to produce their mark sheets before 31st August 2011.
- Candidates should be minimum 20 years of age as on 1st October in the year of admission, However, the Vice-Chancellor may relax the age limit upto 6 months as and when he deems desirable.
1. Foreign students studying in Indian Universities are required to appear in the Common Entrance Test.
2. Foreign students, who have already qualified from Indian universities, are required to submit their latest GMAT scores failing which their applications will not be considered.
3. Those foreign students who do not belong to either of the above categories, i.e. (i) and (ii), are advised to submit their latest GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS scores. In addition, they must obtain clearance from the Department of Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for pursuing the above programmes at the Department of Commerce, University of Delhi.
Last date for submission of applications under foreign students (FS) category is 15th May 2011. Foreign students have to apply through Foreign Student Advisor, Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi.
“There will be reservation for SC, ST, PH, OBC, CW, and FS categories as per University of Delhi rules. Further, the students claiming reservations must submit copies of relevant documents/ certificates from the competent authority along with the application form.”
Reservation of seats for the Children /Widows/wives of the officers and Men of the Armed Forces including Para Military personnel killed or disabled in action in Wars after 1947.
5% of the total number of seats in each courses are reserved for the Children/Wives of Officers and Men of the Armed Forces including Para-Military Personnel (i) Killed or disabled in Action and (ii) died/were disabled while on duty.
Candidates belonging to category (ii) will be offered admission only if sufficient number of candidates are not available under category (i)
Relaxation to the extent of 5% marks in the minimum eligibility requirement in the aggregate or in the subject, as the case may be, will be given to the candidates of the above mentioned categories while determining their eligibility for admission/or to appear in admission test.
This concession is also extend to the children of those disabled officers and men of the Armed Forces including Para-Military personnel, who are invalidated out of service during the hostilities and who were unmarried at the time of disablement from service but subsequently got married and had their children.
In order to become eligible for the above concession, children/widows/wives of officers and Jawan, etc. are required to produce the entitlement card issued by any of the following:
- Secretary, KendriyaSainik Board, Delhi
- Secretary, Rajya/ZilaSainik Board
- Officer-in charge, Record Office
- 1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate
For purposes of registration, the candidates are required to submit their application forms on a prescribed form available at the Registration Centres, alongwith the attested copies as well as the original of the required certificates. The original certificates will be returned to them after verification.
Reservation for Other Backward Classes
(i) As per communication received by the University from the UGC, the OBC status is to be determined on the basis of the Central list of OBC’s notified by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment on the recommendations of the National Commission for Backward Classes available at the website of the commission (http:ncbc.nic.in/backwardclasses/index.html).
Note: In all the cases the decision of the Admission Committee shall be final.
Numbers of seats for MIB and MHROD is 73 (62+11) for each Program (General -31, OBC – 17, SC – 9, ST – 5 = 62). As per University rules, the seats for PH, CW, and foreign students (FS) categories are supernumerary. Over and above 62 seats, there are 11 seats (2 PH, 3 CW, and 6 FS seats = 11).
A three-layered selection procedure, i.e., the CAT Score, the Group Discussion and the Personal Interview is followed for admission to both the programmes. This is done with a view to identify and process the interpersonal skills in addition to the overall knowledge of the students.
- The CAT Score: Students will have to submit CAT score after appearing in the Common Admission Test conducted by IIMs
- Group Discussion and Interview: Only short-listed candidates on the basis of their performance in the CAT Score are invited for GD and interview.
- The Maximum cut-off marks for OBCs be 10% lower the cut-off marks of general category candidates as per the rules of the University of Delhi.
- The University/Department reserves the right to change the rules of Selection Procedure
NOTE : The PG Courses (M.Com,MIB & MHROD) are in the process of revision and the revised course may get implemented w.e.f July, 2014
For more information please visit www.mib-mhrod.com