Course: Post Graduate
Course Duration: Two year full-time course
Description: The Department runs the prime course of Master of Commerce for which the department was established in 1967. This is one of the prestigious courses in the country. The Alumni of this course are well placed in business, academics and administration in the country and abroad. The programme is well received in the industry and for years had been serving the needs of managerial cadre in business and industry. The course serves the needs of academics as well and prepares students for research and teaching in business studies teaching for M.Com taught at the Department of Commerce, Faculty of Commerce & Business, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
The procedure for admission to M. Com. consists of the following:
1. Entrance test
2. Procedure for application
3. Eligibility conditions
4. Confirmation of Admission
I. Entrance Test for the Regular Students
1. There shall be a centralized entrance test and admission procedure is administered from Department of Commerce (North Campus) for regular/day students
2. For the regular students, the entrance test will be held sometime in the last week of June or first week of July. Students can gather information about the admission test, registration and submission of applications from the offices of the Department of Commerce (North Campus)
3. Based on the performance in the admission test, separate merit lists will be prepared for the general as well as for each of the reserved category of the students
II. Procedure for Application
Candidates seeking admission to M. Com. regular/day course are required to register themselves at Department of Commerce, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi (North Campus) only. They should, however, indicate their choice for the Department/ Colleges in order of preference, in the relevant column of the prescribed registration form.
A separate application has to be made at the time of admission at the Department/ College where the admission has been granted to the candidate.
The completed application form for admission in the Department/college must be accompanied with the following documents:
1. An attested copy of the certificate showing the marks obtained at the last University examination.
2. In case of students coming from another University, migration certificate from that University. (at the time of admission only)
3. An attested copy of the character certificate from the Principal of the college last attended.
4. An attested copy of the matriculation or other certificate evidencing the date of birth.
5. Three copies of a recent passport-size photograph, duly attested
Notes: 1. Copies of certificates submitted along with the application will not be returned.
2. Combining any other course of the University with the M.Com. Course is not permitted.
3. In the selection of candidates for admission to M.Com. Course, the decision of the Admission Committee will be final.
III. Eligibility for Admission
Admission is subject to fulfillment of the minimum eligibility conditions laid down below. The eligibility conditions for admission to M. Com. course are same for the regular and the correspondence (SOL) students.
A candidate seeking admission to M. Com. course must have:
1. Passed B.Com. (Hons.) degree from University of Delhi or any other University recognized equivalent there to, with at least 50% marks,
2. Passed B.Com. (Pass) or B.Com. Degree from University of Delhi or any other university recognized equivalent there to, with at least 55% marks.
3. Passed B.A. (Hons.) Economics degree from University of Delhi or any other university recognized equivalent there to, with at least 50% marks.
4. Passed B.B.S., B.B.A., B.I.F.A. and B.B.E. degree from University of Delhi or any other university recognized equivalent thereto, with at least 60% marks
IV. Confirmation of Admission
The admission will initially be done on a provisional basis. Students will be required to submit the mark sheet of their graduate degree examination by the last date as notified by the University failing which the admissions will be cancelled.
Admissions are made under the following reserved categories:
- Scheduled caste (SC)
- Scheduled tribes (ST)
- Other Backward Classes (OBC)
- Physically Handicapped (PH)
- Children/Widows/Wives of Armed Forces Personnel (CW)
1. The eligibility condition and number of seats under various Reserved Categories shall be as per the proportionate reservation as provided under University rules.
2. A separate merit list shall be drawn up for each of the Reserved Categories.
3.The OBC status is to be determined on the basis of the Central list of OBCs notified by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment on the recommendations of the National Commission for Backward Classes available at the website of the Commission(http:/ncbc.nic.in/backwardclasses/index.html.). The documents in evidence of the OBC Non-Creamy Layer status is required from the students at the time of granting admission.
Admission under Sports Category
1. Five percent (5%) seats of the total number shall be reserved for admission under the sports category.
2. Students seeking admission under the sports category shall apply directly to the DUSC.
3. Students seeking admission under the sports category will be required to take the entrance examination.
4. A separate merit list for the students belonging to sports category and their allocation of colleges to be prepared by the Department on the basis of the result of the entrance examination (vide letter No. Aca-I-Adm./P.G./Sports/2007-08/299 dated 25th/26th June, 2007, Annexure – I, Para 2.2). In no case request for migration from one college to another college will be entertained by the Department.
Foreign students seeking admission to various courses of the Department and Hostel accommodation should apply directly to the Foreign Students Advisor, Foreign Students’ Registry, C/o Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007. This holds for all foreign students whether the student has passed his/her last qualifying examination from Indian Board / University or from abroad. No foreign student shall be admitted to any college/Department without prior approval of the Dy. Dean, (Foreign Students), University of Delhi.
More Information www.du.ac.in
IMPORTANT LINKS OF M.COM ADMISSION 2013.